stamped on shaft 32 F

A quick learner from SF CA says:
Please help me identify this balance and shoe - It is 32" F without the shoe and the shoe is 1 1/4 " wide. I will need (2) right and (2) left hand balances and shoes
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1633.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1632.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1630.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1635.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! This looks like a good match for our S795-32. Look it over and let me know if you agree.

Yes - Looks like a32F but none of the shoes look like the original open back ? It is 1 1/4 " wide but has a different pattern body shape and is open in the back - will any of the shoes work with this ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

The biggest difference between your balance and ours is that yours has a deep groove in both the metal channel and pivot shoe. This is a design some manufacturers used to make to allow the sash to be removed a little more easily, but it ended up not being an essential feature. Our version will work just as well. We do not carry your original version and I'm not sure who still does, if anyone.

Yes -I can see that but does the closed / open cam shoe make a difference? The shoe that is in the balance is an open cam - should I use the 15-195B ?

Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I'm sorry for overlooking that. I must have been too focused on the groove. Yes, you're 100% right; your old shoe has an open cam. You will need to purchase the 15-195B separately and then just pop it on when you receive the balance. The video below shows you how that's done.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.