storm door inside mechanical part

A quick learner says:
I need the inside mechanical part for my storm door it is 5 1/2 inches long and another picture shows the side measurment it may be part # 40-194 or #40-198 please contact please get back to me at your earliest convienence thank ann
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The part you're looking for is known as a storm door mortise latch. However, the two you mentioned are for two different door manufacturers and are not interchangeable, despite their similarities. Please remove your existing mortise latch from the door and take a few pictures of it. Please also tell me what the dimensions are; I recommend that you use the two SWISCO products you pointed out as reference for what dimensions are most important.
A quick learner says:
Etched info on glass Herculite k CAN/CCSB-121m 16CFR1201CII ANS12 971 1984 I/BU SGCC 250 6024404
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this information does not help us find the hardware you need, as it only tells us what kind of glass you have. It does not tell us what the door is or what hardware it may use. The only way to know that is if you follow Dave's instructions above.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)