storm door lock request

A home owner from Media, Pa says:
We moved into a home with an OLD storm door. There are no identifying numbers or words. I want to replace the handles with a lock for the inside. It is a surface mount door 1 7/8 inch thick that open out. It doesn't need a key lock on the outside, just a lock on the inside so I can keep the door open and locked when I am at home. I couldn't find what I thought might work...any suggestions??

Nancy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Nancy. I'd be happy to help you replace your storm door handle. I'm not quite sure what you have, though. Could I see a few pictures of your existing handle for us to use as a reference while we search?
A home owner from Media, Pa says:
Certainly. Here is a picture of my storm door handle.
A customer submitted image of their storm door handle.
A customer submitted image of their storm door tilt latch.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the images! You could consider our 40-033, though you will need to retrofit it to work. That will likely include drilling a new hole for the bottom screw for the outside handle. You could also look at our 40-117 inside latch. Carefully compare the dimensions of the parts we show to your own hardware and let me know how they compare.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.