storm windows latches

A home owner says:

I bought a few left (and right) hand latch - item # is 91-026 and 91-027 - from you. (left and above one on my pictures). Unfortunately, this has slightly bigger sliding head thickness (top portion on picture 8149) than my original one (right and below one on pictures. It lost its blade on this picture). On your catalog description, #91-026 has 5/32 thickness. I think mine has 3/32 or 4/32 thickness.

Can you help me to find right parts?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8148.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8149.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't have a latch that meets those specifications. The closest we have to what you describe would probably be our 91-142; this has a 1/8" thick tip, which is just a hair larger than 3/32". However this differs form the 91-026 in other respects.

Another solution would be to take a file and reduce the thickness of the tip on the latches you already bought. This would work in a pinch, but please keep in mind that products altered in this way cannot be returned for a refund.

How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.