substitute bifold door top pivot?

A home owner from Greeley, CO says:
I plan to order parts for my bifold closet door. Can I replace top pivot part 23-123 (currently out of stock) with spring loaded 23-122? Also, I'll be ordering 23-306 to replace my Stanley part 2819, among other parts.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm honestly not sure if the 23-112 will replace the 23-123. I've never done that before. Their dimensions are similar, so I suppose its possible, but they're still two very different parts and I can't predict what complications would arise by swapping them out.

OK, thank you. Any idea when part 23-123 might again be available?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, I checked with our purchasing manager and we don't expect to have these back in stock until the end of July. We were hoping to have these in sooner but the public health crisis has caused delays across the board. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

I completely understand, and I thank you for your prompt and honest reply. In my upcoming order, I'll include part 23-112 and will let you know if it works, or not. Thanks again!
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.