terminal shoes

A quick learner from MN says:
Hi,
I measured one of my broken locking terminals on my Semco window and it has identical dimensions to that shown in your 15-233 part. Is the blue locking terminal more durable than the black model? The pics attached show one of the locking terminals (not broken) in the channel of one of my Semco windows from two different angles.

Another question: Is it possible to replace these locking terminals without taking the jamb liner apart? I know that one has to hold onto the chord somehow to release the tension from the terminal before replacing it).
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1480.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1482.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The 15-233 and 15-197 are the same locking terminal. The only difference is the color. It is also necessary to remove the jamb liner to remove these balances and install replacements. 

We can supply these balances with one of the Great Lakes locking terminals but it would need to be a custom order. We would need to see your balance fully removed, including the stamp code on the metal channel, and confirm the number of balances that you need to send over an order link and price quote. Please note that the minimum order is two. Thank you. 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.