Hook Configuration in 82-002

A quick learner from US says:
I ordered sliding door handle set 82-002 after researching it on your site. The handle fits perfectly but when I install the unit sent, the hook is upside down, meaning the hook wants to go up into the catch from below rather than down into the catch from above. All the hooks of different sizes sent only fit into the unit the same way. Am I missing something? Any idea what I can do? Thank you.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting SWISCO. You can actually flip the hook over to match the configuration of your door. See if that works for you. 

Bob, Thank you for your quick response. Please see the photos below that I added: As you can see (unless I'm missing something) the hook, when reversed cannot be installed unless the "tongue" cannot fit into the slot below.
Do you have hooks that have the "tongue" in the correct position or must I cut off the "tongue" to reverse the hook - and if I do this, how does it affect the mechanism?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Greetings. OK, thank you for the pictures and for clarifying. You are correct, inverting the hook up or down is not possible; only left or right.

Can you replace your old keeper with the one that comes with the 82-002? This keeper is oriented correctly to allow the hook to properly 'catch' the keeper. If you can't do this, are you able to show a picture of your old inside lock that shows the hook, next to our lock? It is also possible that you may wish to consider the 82-008 instead. 

Paul you were spot on. 82-008 is exactly what I have and a FAQ noted the hook could be flipped. I just ordered it. Thank you. Is it possible to return the unit that does not work for my situation?

BTW photos are of the unit I have that is broken. You can see it is exactly like the 82-008
Any suggestions for trim in your catalog that might clean up the badly cut door hole?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20181219_114333479.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20181219_114359895.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20181219_114414545.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20181219_113807246.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Yes, you can return the 82-002. See our Return Policy here. As for repairing the hole in the door, stop by your local hardware store. They should have a small piece of aluminum that you can use. 

Paul you were spot on. 82-008 is exactly what I have and a FAQ noted the hook could be flipped. I just ordered it. Thank you. Is it possible to return the unit that does not work for my situation?

BTW photos are of the unit I have that is broken. You can see it is exactly like the 82-008
Any suggestions for trim in your catalog that might clean up the badly cut door hole?
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.