the Height of the non-tilt window channel balance

A home owner from Florida says:
Just needs to be smaller. I would also need the Top Sash guide as the one I got from you was to big
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear these balances or top sash guide did not work for you. Judging from your pictures, I see your balances have a depth of about 1/2", whereas ours are 5/8". Most standard 1/2" wide Channel Balances have this depth, but it is not unheard of to come across ones that have a different depth. We will try to work out a special order for you. Please stand by and we will see what we can do.

As far as your top sash guide, can we see mugshot pictures of the original, featuring the front and side profile? Any dimensions would also be helpful. Many thanks.

A handy person from Florida says:
this is the sash top. a little smaller than yours in the channel and top.

sorry on dimensions left the ruler at work.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks again for your patience. Our metal channel does look deeper than yours, but it should still work as a replacement. You just have an older version that isn't made anymore. I've personally used our balances to replace that old balance and it works fine.

I think the issue instead may be the size of the bottom nylon fitting; it looks like you ordered our Series 385, which has a 1-3/32" deep shoe. Your shoe looks like it's much smaller. Having a shoe that is too deep would account for the issue you're having. Can you confirm the depth of your original shoe? You may have wanted out Series 380 instead, which has a 1" shoe.

As for your top sash guide, it's hard to tell. I can't get a good look at the front. It appears similar to our 18-180.

We have detailed dimensions on our site for all our hardware. I highly recommend going over our dimensions to make sure everything matches up.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.