the handle to lock and unlock the window.

A home owner from MA says:
I have anderson casement windows. I am looking to find the correct handle to lock and unlock the window. It has a round piece on the end that is around an inch thick. thank you
User submitted photos of a window latch.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. I know what this is. This is a temporary handle. When you buy the window, you're supposed to take this off and then put the new one on. Did your window come with the actual handle?

If not, you could start by looking at our 39-290 and 39-291 and see if either of these are a match.
A quick learner says:
Hi, thank you for your help. I recently bought a house and this is what the window looks like. do I take off this handle? and if yes, how?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To remove it, you must first depress the spring.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.