Thermal Gard window crank handle

A quick learner from rockaway nj says:
my window crank handles (2) don't work.
where can I get two more that will fit? or is the receiving part stripped?

thank you.
User submitted photos of a window crank.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! For replacement crank handles, please take a look at our 39-114L or perhaps its folding equivalent, the 39-205.
As for whether your crank is just stripped out, I can't tell. It's possible. Do you have an undamaged handle you can take from another crank to test out on this one? If it still doesn't work, you will probably need to replace the whole operator.
A quick learner from Trappe, Pennsylvania says:
I can open the window with the crank, but when I try to close it, the crank unwinds and comes off with the big screw part it attaches to. Do I need a whole new assembly and is that hard to put on?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You might need to replace the complete operator. I have used the 39-031 and 39-032 operators in the past to repair Thermal Gard casement windows. Take a look and compare the parts with the ones you need to replace. The best way to give you a more definitive answer is for you to get the operator out of the window and send us some photos and measurements.
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.