tilt & turn mechanism

A handy person from Queens, NY says:
Hi - looking to find replacements for the tilt & turn mechanism. These did not seem to readily let me remove the windows. I think I need to loosen the metal rods and pull them out. I've had experience with windows that lifted/popped up once rotated.

window latches (plastic) look to have 2 3/8" screw hole spacing
and the lock (metal) is the same.

red tip spiral balances that I'll need to further measure

the tilt mechanism the window is attached to I might need to revisit with a screwdriver to get a better look.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0580.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0588.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0592.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0593.JPEG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I see that you already placed an order for some parts on the same day as this post was submitted. It seems like you're on the right track but, unfortunately, we can't be sure of what you need with the original balance hardware still installed. Since the order was already purchased, it makes sense to try the parts you've purchased so far and if you run into any problems, please write out your exact dimensions compare to the ones shown on our product pages.

As for your spiral balances, the 15-047 pivot shoe that you purchased is commonly used with the 5/8" diameter S600. Take a look and see if the specifications match up to your assembly. 

To remove the sash, you'll need to raise it a few inches above the sill before tilting the sash toward you and slowly rotating the sash to disengage the pivot bars from the pivot shoes. Thank you! 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.