tilt-in release catches on existing, aging replacement windows in use in the house when we bought it.

A home owner from 08757 says:
There are no names, numbers, or markings on these parts. They appear to be able to be assembled and used on either side of the window; but if a suitable replacement is side-specific, I need 2 each of left and right. There are only 2 windows in the house using these particular tilt-in catch releases. Also, a "LOCK" capability (visible in photo of installed part) is not vital in an otherwise suitable replacement part. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named fullsizeoutput_745.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1664.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look and compare the dimensions of our 26-078 and 26-079 top tilt latches to yours. From there, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you!

The overall perimeter dimensions of your suggested replacements look similar to mine; but the distance on center between fastener holes on my existing parts is 2-5/8", not 2-7/8" as on yours; and the distance from the striker end to the near mounting hole on center on mine is 9/16", compared with 7/8" on yours. So I would be forced to re-drill mounting holes to accommodate yours, unless you have a more exactly sized replacement to mine. Not the worst outcome, unless you can suggest better...
Or, do you have available this internal sliding latch part for my unit? See attached photo, and I will send additional measurements if you do have something like it and need them. This part is the whole trouble--the pointy end breaks off when I attempt to tilt the sash in. Crazy glue will suffice to hold it together, but it will re-break whenever I tilt the sash in. I do not wish to replace these entire windows over this issue! Thank you for your perseverance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1671.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1672.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid the individual latch portion of the assembly is not available by itself. You'll need an all new latch.

That said, I cannot find anything with a 2-5/8" spacing in this style. The 26-078 and 26-079 appear to be the closest options we have at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)