tilt latch spring popped out

A home owner from Eugene, Oregon says:
The spring in the left tilt latch of a double hung window has popped out. I have the spring how do I remove the tilt latch to replace it?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Could you show us a photo of your latch on the window? The method for removing the latch is going to depend on whether it's an internal, corner, or surface-mounted latch.
A home owner says:
Here is the latch and the spring that popped out. I removed the screw but it was not clear to me how the whole latch comes out or how to get the top off to replace the spring.
Steve
Window tilt latches
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, these Certainteed top tilt latches are assembled at the factory, with the spring already inside. You would need to order a new set. I believe you would break it if you tried taking it apart to install the spring.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.