tilt pivot bar splitting the wood

A home owner from USA says:
I've got a problem with the tilt pivot bar that was originally installed in our WOOD window sashes

they used a pivot bar like Pivot Bar, 3", Product Code: 26-040
they drilled a hole in the end grain of the bottom rail and now they are all splitting....

looking for a better pivot bar/bracket that won't spit the wood

let me know what you think

I can send you pics of the split sashes

A home owner from Canada says:
here are pics of the pivot bar

this is a WOOD sash

they drilled a hole from the side, into the end grain
of the wood... below the kerf for the rubber bulb seal

When you go to twist and pull the sash out the pivot bar splits the end grain of the wood...

they used a pivot bar which is meant for an aluminum frame sash window

need a stronger bracket solution

help....

User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is a tricky situation, since the wood is already damaged. I'm not sure if replacing the pivot bar will do much at this point, but it's worth a shot. You could try something with two screw holes, that might be a little easier on the wood. See our 26-068, 26-242, or maybe our 26-357 and see what you think.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.