tilt window by "WWW" logo - help identify: pivot bar , pivot shoe, spring balance

A quick learner from California says:
for the pivot shoe i think it is 3" Pivot Bar, Weathercraft 26-272 ()any other way verify?

because it uses "Tamp R Lok 3" this narrows it down to two choices? 15-231 or 15-210? can you tell from photos? no real way to verify without trying to remove original?
- BTW is there any info on how the tampRlok is installed, which step etc?

**Biggest help i need is replacing the spring balance. My original looks like S770 (plastic screw block top) but the bottom part look like S765 with the white nylon thing w/ small clip. I've attached the stamp but not sure what length or weight option.

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220808_160440.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220813_162552.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220813_174045.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220813_174030.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220813_174020.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Concerning your pivot bar, the 26-272 is close but my concern is that the "T" shaped front tip is a little too big. I think something like our 26-241 may be a better option. It only has one horn on the tip but that doesn't matter so much. The hole placement also looks like it aligns, but you should review our dimensions to confirm.

Alternate image for 26-241
Alternate image for 26-241

As for the pivot shoe, it's definitely one of the two you picked out. The only difference between them is the color of the brake pad, which is unfortunately not something I can determine while it's still in the window. I hate to say it but you're probably going to want to remove it to confirm.

The brake pad colors denote how thick the pad is. I believe that the black is a bit thicker than the white.

Lastly, concerning your balance, I think our Series 770 is the best pick here. The eyelet clip is indeed the same as what we install on our Series 765, but in the case of that balance, it goes on the top. Yours goes on the bottom, to fit into the shoe, so we can discard the Series 765 as an option.

The Series 770 should work fine. The bottom clip may be a different style but it will fit into the pivot shoe the same exact way.

Do you have a measurement of the size difference of the Corner lock between the two or how big of a deal is this? My original is a dark blue

--

Based on the window spring stamp, what size do I get? my channel balance measure 31-7/8 yet from the code its a 31 in?? "31 5 C08T CMC"

my sash weights 23lbs

for item 26-241, which holes have the thread? the holes are slightlty different but if they are thread where i need than it can work

- 1-3/8 (from T) and 5/8 (from first hole) / how its shown in 26-272 are the threaded hole locations i need

yes my "T" is 7/16 but holes match

Thank you

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220816_164946.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, maybe I can help. I agree that our S770-31 tilt balance will work with your window system. The spring sash weight code will be 31E for a sash weighing anywhere from 29 through 33 pounds. 

I would also recommend 15-210 pivot shoe because of the weight of the sash. It's a little stronger than the other one and should work fine for you. The Tamp-R-Lok, 15-225, is snapped on after the bottom balance clip is slotted into the pivot shoe. If you look closely at our 15-225, you will see a hook shape extension at the top, which goes in the top hole of the pivot shoe. 

Regarding the 26-272 pivot bar, the holes are not pre-threaded. The threads are instead formed by the set screws cutting into the die cast bar.

to clarify, my balance with code 31-5 means 31 pounds? (weighed sash by itself at 23lbs)
- will this be harder to close than original?

The original length is 32in but you are suggesting S770-31
- will there be any issue of window not going as high as original becuase of difference balance length?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Regarding the stamp, the code itself is not a direct representation of the sash weight. Usually for these balances the first two digits represent length, and for that I have to apologize; I misread your initial description of length as 31, but missed where you said it was longer. Sorry about that.

Either way, if your sash is exactly 23 pounds and if your metal channel is 32" then you want our S770-32 with a 32C stamp. Two balances with this stamp can hold 20 through 25 pounds, which should be perfect for your sash weight.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.