track stop or spring

A quick learner from Chicago says:
I have a 36" bi-fold door replacement track which I just ordered from Swisco and installed. The door opening is about 38" wide so it was installed centered with 1" gap on each end. As you can see from the photos, I have a spring stopper which technically isn't needed (i.e. it wasn't there before). I am concerned it will eventually bend or gradually create a small hole in the side of the frame.

Do you have sell a shorter spring that I can use?

Also, do you have any end cap for the track?

Please advise since the only other idea is to remove the spring.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0835.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0834.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The shortest spring we have is the 23-131 that is 1-1/4", but we do have a rubber bumper that might be even better, the 10-112. While it's typically used with shower doors I certainly think it might work for this application as well. Please review and let us know your thoughts.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.