traco window sash lock

A handy person from Pennsylvania, USA says:
good day i'm looking for a replacement for a traco lock . mounting holes are 2 1/4 inches apart. thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-11/2/2022, 10:40:27 AM.png
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we do not carry an exact match for your sash lock. We would like to see photos of the keeper that your lock engages with to determine if we carry something that would work the same way. Thank you! 

thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0357.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0356.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like our closest replacement options would be the 90-300 or 90-180 but keep in mind that the style of the part of the lock that engages with the keeper is a different style than your original lock. 

One important detail is the depth of the piece that swivels to engage with the keeper. The 90-300 has a depth of 1/4", while the 90-180 measures 11/32". They also have a reach of about 5/16" from the base of the lock. Take a look and see if one of these options might work for you. If you decide to give one of them a try and run into any problems, our return policy can be found here

thank you for your help have a good day.
A quick learner from Pittsburgh PA says:
I can confirm that 90-180 is a good replacement for this style of TRACO latch where the unpainted metal part that locks into the keeper is marked "A-S 8963" on the bottom. The 90-237 keepers will also fit these windows, though in my case the holes in the keepers were held in with #6-32 1/4 inch machine screws and the holes in the keepers were tapped. The 90-237 keeper doesn't have tapped holes but I was able to tap them myself with a 6-32 tap from the hardware store.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.