trico 240 single hung window block and tackle(hurricane window)

A home owner from Florida says:
hello, I need to replace my broken window balance.I will need the pair. there are two sizes. the first is 30 inch long, width is 1/2 inch. second one is 24 inch long, width is 1/2 inch.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0640.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0641.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0642.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2950 and 2390 26,  BSI balance stamps
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! We should be able to supply this balance for you, but it will have to be a custom order due to its configuration. A Traco hurricane window balance normally uses a 19-041 top fitting and 15-005 bottom fitting. Please compare these to what you have now and let me know if you agree.

There's also the matter of the stamp for your 24" balance. Yours uses an outdated rating system. I believe the 2390 26 balance supports a 26 pound sash. You may want to confirm to be 100% sure. 

Assuming I'm right on all counts, we can email you an order link and price quote for a 24" balance with a 2350 stamp and a 30" balance with a 2950 stamp. Both will have the 19-041 top and 15-005 bottom fitting. Can you just tell me how many of each you need? We'll get that order link to you once we know that.

Hi, Paul Yes the top look like good replacement. I need 2 of the 30" balance with the 2950 stamp, and 2 of the 24" balance with the 2390 stamp
Profile picture of Paul

Excellent, thank you so much! Just to reiterate, though, we cannot supply a 2390 stamp. We think our 2350 stamp will work for you, but you should weigh your sash to confirm. There is no guarantee.

I will email you an order link for both sizes in the meantime. Let me know if you have any questions or if we need to change that 2350 stamp.

Hi, Paul yes the 2350 balance will work. I weight my sash and it's 27lbs. I just place the order, thank you for your help
Profile picture of Paul

You're welcome! Thank you very much for ordering with us, it means a lot. Please let us know how it works out.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.