truth 21 1/2" single pull operator

A quick learner from Nebraska says:

I think the part number I need to order is 39-083. I think the color I need is bronze. Please see my picture. Please verify this or tell me the correct part number to order. I have measured the arm length and it is 21 1/2"

this is for a replacement. the threaded part that around the worm gear shaft on the old one is stripped out.

Will this come with some instructions on how to install it in an existing window frame, or am I on my own?

thanks

Michael

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window operator.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I agree Michael, the 39-083 looks promising. Just double-check that wingspan to confirm. See the video below that entails how to remove and replace this type of awning operator. 

A quick learner from Nebraska says:
thank you Bob. Do you agree that bronze is the color that I have? I know a new one will look different because it is new, but I want the same color.

Also, Are there only 2 screws that hold the operator on the frame? I thought I saw 4 on mine.

Michael
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It's a bit hard to tell. Your operator honestly looks brighter in color than bronze, but still darker than beige, so bronze is probably the closest match. Keep in mind it may not be exact, and also the age of the older hardware might cause the color to differ. 

It depends on the operator style, as far as how many mounting holes there are. Some older styles may have 4 compared to 2 on some of our newer replacement styles like the 39-083. Those holes should match with the two innermost ones on your older operator; so long as the dimensions otherwise check out, there's no reason why it won't work as a replacement. 

How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.