truth concealed sill mounted operator

A quick learner from Santa Barbara says:
I am looking for a replacement for Truth Concealed Sill Mounted Casement Operator 30972 which I understand is no longer manufactured. The dimensions of the two arms are 10" from end to end. The arm connected to the gear is 4 1/2" on center and the smaller arm is 4 5/8" on center. The base is 4 3/4" wide by 1 1/4" deep. The mounting plate on the end is 3" wide. Attached are pictures of the hardware removed and installed. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey there! I would suggest using our 39-171 operator. I don't believe yours is still available. Take a look at the 39-171, compare our measurements to yours, and see what you think. You should be able to use the existing sash bracket by removing the detach clip from the new operator link arm.
A quick learner from santa barbara says:
Thank you for the response. The measurements look like they might work. However, I have a question regarding the curve in the arm attached to the gear. The hardware I have doesn't have that. What impact could or will that have on installation or operation? Thanks
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I actually don't think the bend in the gear arm would impact the operation of the window too much. However since our operator is not the same as your old one I can't say for sure. It's just the closest possible match we can provide. I think if you have room to adjust the new operator on the sill then you can get it to work regardless.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.