truth handles spin

A home owner from Lincoln Neb says:
The Truth arm operator work on all my windows, but handles on 3 of the 5 windows spin. The handle is made by weathershield in Medford Wisc. and it does not have a set screw on the bottom. Do you have this handle?

Thank you,
Mike F
truth handle
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the handle just spins without anything working, then it's likely that the gears in the operator have stripped out. You will probably need an all new operator.

It's tough to say for sure what can replace this, though, as much of your operator is obscured. Start by looking over our 39-171. This looks similar, but I'm not sure. I would like to see the operator out of the window, if possible.

For a replacement handle, see our 39-114L.
A home owner from Lincoln Neb says:
To clarify, the operator works fine and the window opens with a different handle. But the original handle spins on the spindle. Do the attached photos look like a 39-114L to you?

Thank you,
Mike F
User submitted photos of a window operator handle.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's a funny question, Mike. Speaking very precisely, no, that handle doesn't look exactly like the 39-114L to me. It looks closer to 39-114 in shape, and we don't offer a copper or gold color like that for either handle.

However, for your purposes, yes, your handle can be replaced with either the 39-114L or the ordinary 39-114, or any 11/32" handle.

The difference is purely the shape; they both fit the exact same spindles/operators. The 39-114L is a more modern "low-profile" handle, whereas 39-114 is the older, clunkier version, with more angles, like yours.

I happen to prefer the shape of the 39-114L, but it's your choice. There is also a folding crank handle and a T handle that you might like.
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.