trying to confirm my size

A home owner from Dallas TX says:
Please let me know what will be the size and diameter that I need.
Also please send me the list of other parts that goes with the balance
trying to lock the bottom of the windows.
Do you have store in Dallas TX ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named size.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sizewindows.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSCN8219.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We sell a variety of balances, but I'm not sure what you have from these photos. Can you show me a clearer picture of the bottom tip of the balance? Can you also tell me if this is a tilt or non-tilt window? Finally, I can't really read the diameter of your tube from that photo. Can you tell me what it is?

We do not have a store in Dallas, unfortunately. Our business exists online exclusively.

Call me at [removed for privacy]

Thank you

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200605_112133.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I don't have a phone line. I can only help you here.

This picture is a big help, but I'm still not sure what the diameter of the tube is. It looks pretty large so it may be 9/16". If so, then I recommend the Series 500 spiral balance.

As for other parts you need, that's not something I can say. The Series 500 is compatible with dozens of different parts add-ons depending on who made the window. We would need photos of each part you have now.

Picture might showing big, but I tape measured and it's two line less than half inch.
so the Size is 3/8"

Length is 27 without tips.

It's non tilt window,
Need the parts number for plastic piece goes to the buttom of the windows for this 27 inch tube.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom

Gotcha, in that case you definitely want the S400-27 instead.

I'm not sure what the plastic piece at the bottom of the window might be. It sounds like it could be a mounting bracket, but the S400-27 is compatible with dozens of different kinds. I would need to see it in order to recommend a match.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.