trying to find a replacement roller assembly

A handy person from houston tx says:
pulled this well worn roller assembly out of a 1960 vintage sliding glass door, any idea if one of the available replacement units would work?
I'm assuming the only way I could find this exact unit would be salvage from a similar vintage door....

thanks for any help
User submitted photos of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this housing will not be available. I would first spray the adjusting screw with some WD 40 and let it soak in before removing it. Then, go to your nearest hardware store and match it to their screws. Once you have a replacement screw, spread the outside housing just enough to slide out the old wheel and interior housing and replace it with either the 81-228 or 81-236. Slide the interior housing with the new wheel back into the outside housing, then push in the 81-307 replacement axle though them both. Reinstall the bracket with the new adjusting screw and put it back in the door. Hopefully that helps!
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.