unknown glazing bead

A home owner from Goodyear AZ says:
Greetings:

I just moved into this house and have noticed a few of the windows have the plastic/vinyl strip either missing or breaking out. I cannot find a window repair place that will even come look at it. I have a few questions: 1 - will my window fall out if this stuff is missing? 2 - It looks like the window isn't in 100% square to the frame so there are larger gaps in some spots where the glazing bead was and much smaller gaps in other areas... this seems like it would be a problem in replacing the bead. 3 - I have no idea what type of glazing bead I need if I were to replace it myself - so I was hoping you can help ID what I have.

Thanks!
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210315_155241455.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210315_155147034.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210315_154534330.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210315_155231041.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20210315_154537294.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Chris! Your windows definitely need glazing bead, yes. These are what hold the glass in the sash frame. If there's no glazing, then your glass will fall out of its own volition. Yours in particular looks like our 55-029, but look over our pictures and dimensions for this product to confirm.

The video below should be of help to you, too. This shows you how typical glazing bead can be replaced.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.