vinyl window replacement parts

A handy person from Bethlehem says:
I have older vinyl windows that have had the coil balances fail. I need to replace these. Some are double coil and others single. There is no service opening to remove these. I will have to cut to remove and replace. But need help finding the correct parts.
I've included three pics showing what I have.

Thanks,
Glenn
Coil assembly
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I believe you can use our 15-141 pivot shoe and Series 150 spring to replace your hardware. Look them over and see what you think. I highly recommend removing the shoe from the window to confirm that the 15-141 is correct.
A quick learner from Northampton Pa says:
thanks for your initial response.

My windows currently a double coil balance. The 15-141 does indeed look like my current pivot shoe. But not sure how the Series 150 spring would attach to that shoe or if it could be doubled up.

Or, can my current double spring be replaced with just one spring?

Do you any any pictures or video showing how to connect the spring to the shoe?

Thanks,
Glenn
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To install these coil springs and pivot shoe, You would use the 15-143 or 15-144 housing and 15-145 bushing (if you can't reuse your originals) and hook the spring to the 15-140 pivot shoe. The loop at the end of the spring should just clip into the s lot in the pivot shoe. For two springs, you would place one above the other and work them into the cutout in the window. The installation can be a little tricky, since the originals where installed by dropping them down the channel before putting the window frame together, but it is possible. It just takes some patience and maneuvering.
A home owner from WA says:

To replace broken latch or slide lock ( in 4 old vinyl windows)

Please see photos a good slide lock and broken slide lock.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2878.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2879.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2876.JPG
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Please take a look at our 26-243 and 26-244 latches and compare our dimensions to yours to see if this matches what you need. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.