weather seals for certainteedvinylwindows

A home owner from New Zealand says:

Would you please advise if you have a replacement for this weather seal for my vinyl windows? It measures 1/2" (facing) and then another 1/2" underneath.

Thankyou in anticipation of your assitance,

With Kind Regards,

Patricia

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named c2YyB0CVTYCbAxch4nsUjQ.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named o6sdAZAOTrGszwQeZdjcIw.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Patricia. We may have the seal you need, but I can't quite make out what you have from these photos. I will need you to remove a small, undamaged sample and show me a clear picture of the end profile. The video below will show you exactly what I mean.

Hi Tom,

Thankyou for your email.

I attach an end profile photo of the weather seal.

Thankyou in anticipation of your asssitance,

With Kind Regards,

Patricia

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0819.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0890.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Patricia! This reminds me a lot of our 58-164. Carefully look over our dimensions and let me know if this would work for you. Size will be the determining factor, especially the size of the "T" that goes into the track. 

Please also note that the 58-164 is a rigid plastic material. If you wanted something more flexible, we have options for that, too. Just let me know.

Hi Tom,

Thankyou for your email.

The product you display has the measurements of my sample - but a more flexible option would be suitable.

With Kind Regards,

Patricia

Profile picture of Tom

Sure thing! So in that case, consider our 58-182. This has a .300 diameter bubble, which is just shy of 5/16". It also has a .187 T slot, which is 3/16", same as the 58-164. It's made of a soft, flexible material that is a little easier to work with. Would this be a better option for your window?

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.