weather stripping?

A home owner from Baltimore, MD says:
There is a piece of white plastic that goes around the inside edge of my mother's windows. This piece is cracking and I'd like to replace it if I can identify it and find it.

I haven't had any luck looking on the internet. Hoping you can help :)

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mom's window 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mom's window.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Looks like you need new glazing. We carry a ton of different styles, which you can see here, so there's a very good chance we have what you need. I can also try to narrow down the list of possibilities for you but in order to do that I will need some more photos.

Specifically, I need you to remove an undamaged sample and show me a clear shot of the end profile. Now, I know that the vinyl is very brittle so this going to be easier said than done, but it is the only method by which we can ID a match. Would it be possible? The video below will go into more detail as to exactly what I need.

Here are some additional photos of the glazing. It appeared to be connected to another piece that went alongside the window - so it was L shaped. ??? Is that possible?

The piece is 1/2" wide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named glazing.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named glazing 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

That could possibly be a match for our 55-029. This is L shaped and is 1/2" x 1/2". However, the same could be said for countless other glazing beads. I highly recommend that you get an undamaged sample to verify. Otherwise, this is my recommendation for now.

Profile diagram of 55-029
Profile diagram of 55-029

Hi Tom, thank you so much for your help. Next question:) is it as simple as taking out the old glazing and snapping in the new glazing? What should I use to cut the new glazing?
Profile picture of Tom

The guide video below may be of assistance to that end. This shows you how most glazing bead types are installed.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.