weather stripping for commercial door

A handy person from Grand Ledge, Mi. says:
Hi--I have a business with an old metal/glass door. The building owner seems to have scotch taped this felt weather stripping in the channel. It doesn't work well, and in the winter, my double keyed cylinder lock freezes up, and it's difficult to get in. Not sure how old the door is, but I would guess at least 30 years (probably more!)

It looks like the channel flares into a triangle shape as it goes inward toward the door itself. The depth and width of the channel are 1/4". However, that width is measured where the channel is flush with the side of the door. As I said, it appears to flare inward, making the actual width inside the metal casing of the door a little larger.

Not sure what the best thing to do is, here. Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0452.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1721.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1793.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4439.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7687.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Hm, knowing that the base is a little larger than 1/4" doesn't narrow down the options a whole lot, unfortunately, as we have plenty of wool pile options that match that description. You could start by viewing our 58-050 and 58-099, and you can see the rest of our wool pile options here.

How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
How to Install a Commercial Door Weatherstrip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.