weather stripping replacement

A quick learner from Illinois says:
looking to replace this weather stripping around 2 6 ft sliding patio doors. the model number on the door is SGD-R40-71x82. hope you can help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_05711001.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

This reminds me of our 58-200 kerf mount sweep seal. Review our dimensions and see if they match up for what you need. 

Profile view of 58-200
Profile view of 58-200
A home owner from Lisle, IL says:
I have this exact same door SGD-R40-71X82. Do you know if the recommended product 58-200 worked for that door? I need to replace the weather stripping on that door and another door (same series, but I can't find the model number).

I'll attach a photo of the end-view of the weather stripping, but please be aware that the ruler is divided by 1/20 on the side closest to the strip, instead of by 1/32 on the other side of the ruler.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SDG Weather strip side view 1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SDG Weather strip side view 2.JPG
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid we've never received confirmation on whether this seal worked for the quick learner from Illinois. It's hard to get accurate measurements from photos but we do offer a sample of the 58-200 if you're interested. You'd just need to pay for shipping. Let me know!

Hi,

Please can you send a sample to me as described in this post. I'm happy to pay for shipping.
Profile picture of Emily

Certainly! I will email you a purchase link right now that will allow you to add a sample of the 58-200 to your cart. 

The 58-200 seal is too large to fit into the kerf slot on the SGD-R40-71X82. I have attached a photo showing the original (left, tan, broken) next to 58-200 (right, white, intact). Do you have a seal that is closer in size to the original?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Original vs 58-200.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't. The 58-200 is the closest option we have, unfortunately. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.