what are these guys?

A quick learner from texas says:
I see them on the "inside of the house" side of single hung window sashes. They seem to create friction when pushing the sash down. What are the drawbacks of removing them?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-2/15/2022, 8:58:59 AM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This is called a face guide. I'm afraid that we don't have this exact guide, but you might be able to use our 67-002 screw on guide as a replacement. Look it over and see what you think.

Thanks for the prompt response. I was hoping to know a little bit more about the function of these parts.
Profile picture of Bob

The Face Guides essentially stabilize the sash by help keeping it in place, which I am assuming is the friction you're describing. Basically they're meant to prevent any wobble or sudden movement. I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Profile picture of Bob

By the way, I did a little further digging. This looks a little like our 67-030 Face Guide also; this might be a better match function-wise. Take a look and see what you think! 

you guys rock! having learned what their purpose is, I will now be able to service this part if it need be. thank you!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.