which channel balance?

A home owner from Vienna, Virginia says:
I have a window with both channel balances gone.

The replacement top sash guide (I have one) is definitely the 18-036, which is 1/2" wide.

Which channel balance? The 350 series is 28" long and 9/16 wide. The 800 is 29" long and 3/8 wide.

The side of window has a 1/2" wide channel, which makes me think the 800 series channel balance is the right one.

The overall height of the window sash is 25"
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without having the original balances on hand, it will be very difficult to identify what you have. Do you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that you can use as a reference?
A home owner from vienna virginia says:

No, unfortunately not. The other windows are sliders.

It's a condo; so will try to check a neighbor's.

If not, I saw there are 25" channel balances which are 3/8" wide/thick; since that is the height of the window I will order that.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I would advise not ordering anything until you are able to use an older balance as reference. The Series 800 is not very common and is specifically meant for a certain kind of window. That doesn't mean that it's not what you have, but it may be worth holding off until you know for sure.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)