11500-4 or 11500-11 window cranks

A home owner from sarasota, fl. says:
Is there a way to compare an old id number to on of you cranks? # 11500-4 or 11500-11 unknown make.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
No, not familiar with the given id numbers. First, check style and measure the original window operator's installation hole centers. Second, check if there is a 3/8" hole in the link arm of the operator you are trying to match up.
A home owner from Guam says:
I have the same window operator #11500-11 (number stamped on handle). Can make out on the inside of the operator the following: Pat. # D198 202 US, 1 RD 1963 CAN. It has 2.25" spline, with 3/8" hole on link. Single hole top, offset bottom holes: Measure from center top hole to center bottom right hole is 4 and 3/8". 1/2" difference in height for bottom 2 holes. This was for a Georgia Palm Beach Aluminum Window Corp. Series 100 Awning window Model 25, my dad installed nearly 30 years ago. I am trying to locate the operators as well. Also looking for operators marked Model #11690-11 for the model 24 windows. It has 2 and 1/4" spline, 3/8" hole, 2 top holes 7/16" apart, measures 5 and 1/4" from center top hole to bottom hole. Bottom holes 1 and 3/8" apart. Marked Pat. #198 202 US, RH RD 1963 CAN. Can anyone help me find a match?
A home owner from Florida says:
Hi, I have ancient crank windows that don't close properly because of missing hardware. I need to replace the mod no 11500-4. it shows pat no d 198 202 US on the inside of the assembly. I need 4 of these including the handle and the inside part with all the fanned out teeth that connects and pulls on the window. am I able to get these through you?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you submit a few photos of your hardware so we can take a look?
A handy person from Oviedo, Florida says:
I have the same crank/window handle Pat. # D198 202 US, 1 RD 1963 CAN. Approx 5 3/4" tall with a screw at the top and 2 at the bottom. There is a missing piece in the handle portion. The handle turns so that the window rolls out, but when you try to roll the window back in the crank portion actually turns and unscrews, hence the window will not shut.
User submitted photo of window crank operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It appears the 39-058 Window Lock is the closest operator we have at this time.
A home owner from TAMPA,FL says:
I HAVE SEVERAL OPERATORS SIMILAR TO THE DIMENSIONS OF YOUR SUPERIOR MODELS THAT UPON CLOSING, THE SCREW MEC WILL FORCE THE METAL CAP, OR BERRING AT THE HANDLE TO POP OUT. THE ENTIRE HANDLE AND SCREW MEC JUST COME OUT. I HAVE TRIED GLUES,THEY DO NOT HOLD THE CAP TO THE BODY. MY GUESS IS THAT I WILL NEED TO REPLACE THE SEVERAL BAD OPERATORS.

MY MAKE HAS THE FOLLOWING INFO INSIDE THE HOUSINGS.

#16 pat.#d-19-202 u.s.RD.1963 CAN.11500-4.

UPON REQUEST, I WILL TAKE PHOTOS AND SEND.I JUST NEED PROPER REPLACEMENTS.

THANKS, BERNIE
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for posting, Bernie.

As Dave mentioned above, it appears that the 39-058 is the closest operator we have to the 11500-4 operator.
A quick learner says:
I need the same crank as pictured above. It is stamped 11500-3. The dimensions are slightly off from the 39-058 ( screw holes etc) but it is close. Has anyone made successful replacements of these old operators with this model?
A quick learner from Florida says:

I have searched the site and believe 39-278 is the closest match to replace these windows (I am ordering three, I hope the return policy is kind if needed) single hole on top and spacing between all 3 holes is the closest to match my 11500-3 model (11500-4 and 11 are referenced above but the photo matches) the only real difference is a slightly shorter arm. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Jeff
A quick learner from Florida says:
The 2 posts above are also from me. These 39-278 arrived today and are a perfect replacement for my 11500-3 model operators. I would bet (based on the photos and description from others above) that these will also easily replace 11500-4, 11500-11 and many others. 1 minute to install and the problem is finally solved. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
That's great news! Thanks for letting us know, Jeff. I'm sure this information will help many other customers in the future.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.