window

A quick learner from Southbury , Ct says:
I would like to replace the block/tackle segment of my window. The number on the item is 34 B. Pic of the remains is attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5213.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sounds like you're looking to replace tilt window channel balances and their associated hardware. We can help, but that code only tells us the spring strength of the balance. We need to see the actual balance out of the window, with pictures of the hooks, fittings, or attachments on either end to help. Confirming the metal channel length would also be useful. From there we'll do our best to narrow this down for you.

A quick learner from Southbury , Ct says:
The channel length is 35 3/4 "
Can't seem to load pics to you site
Profile picture of Bob

Can you email them to us at help@swisco.com? Please be sure to include your discussion ID number, D184347, so we know what discussion to reference. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from USA says:
can't upload to discussion D184347
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5235.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

We're getting there. Can you show me a closer picture of the clip at the bottom of the balance? Its identity will be key to wrapping this up. Also, is there a stamp code on the metal channel? If not, we will need the exact weight of the window sash that this balance helps support. Finally, please double-check that length; I believe it should be an even number. 

A quick learner from US says:
Please take a look at these photos and let me know what you think thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5259.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5260.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5261.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for that. This looks like a S770-34 for me. Confirm the metal channel length, it should be 34". Let me know if you have any further questions. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.