window Glazing 55-191-6 not correct

A home owner from Cape Coral FL says:
Hello,

In my excitement over finding what I thought was the correct window glazing bead on your website I ordered part #55-191-6. Unfortunately upon receiving the parts I see I was not precise in measuring the glazing bead I used for comparison. Please note the attached photo and pdf file with the dimensions I measured today. I tried to be as precise as I could but as the glazing bead I used is likely 7 - 8 years old it could be a little distorted.

Hopefully you have the correct bead or car recommend a replacement. I have been searching for weeks until i found your website.

Thank you,
Desperate Homeowner...
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
the inside dimension,15/32 " on my earlier post is incorrect, It should be 3/8 ". Sorry about that... see attached
User submitted a diagram of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. The one leg that measures 7/8" is really making it hard to find a match. I can't find anything in that size! Can you recheck the size of that leg? Also, does the window have an AAMA sticker at the top? If so, I'd like to see it.
My mistake again, .... It is actually more like 7/16", perhaps 15/32 "... Note there is also a small edge on the top right side per the drawing and is barely noticeable in the photo...

I recently purchased this property and unfortunately there are no stickers or identifying marks on any of the windows., It is the only window that slides sideways. I noticed the missing glazing bead when I washed the window from the inside.I don't know if these will help or not but see attached photos of the window.

Thank you,
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
I believe this is Florida Extruders, who made different types of vinyl glazing that all have very slight differences. This makes it very difficult to pick out a match.

Let's try this approach. What type of glass do you have in the windows? For example, is it single pane, insulated, or high impact glass?
A quick learner from Cape Coral FL says:
The glass in single pane,I don'[t see any marking on the glass so I have to presume it is 'not' insulated or high impact glass and the house did come with hurricane shutters so it is likely not high impact glass...

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience. We are currently working on a new glazing that may work for you. I will let you know as soon as it becomes available.
A quick learner from Cape Coral FL says:
Thanks Tom. That would be Great.... I am excited!! I was getting worried that there would not be a replacement available....

I look forward to hearing from you.

Craig
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Okay, please see our new 55-194, in 3' lengths or 55-194-6 in 6' lengths and let me know what you think!
I "think" the 55-194-6 may work.

One final (hopefully) question. Note the small edge aprox 1/32" on the top right in the photos and diagram. the 55-194 does not have this very small edge, does it make a difference or will it work on my window without this edge? The glazing beads on all the other windows also have this same small edge.....?

Thank you for your patience and remarks!!

Best,

Craig

Profile picture of Paul
Hey, Craig. I actually don't think that small lip should matter that much, no.
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.