window balance

A quick learner from Lakewood, WA says:
I need to find replacement ballast for one window. The old ones have the following info on them "32 4 HL Caldwell". Do you offer a replacement for these and what is the availability?
Thanks,
Dale
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see an undamaged balance removed from the window, including both end attachments, to compare to our inventory. Thank you!

Hello Casey, here are the photos. My guess is the "Series 385". Let me know what you think.

On another note can you explain the "options" 3210, 3220 etc. When I put the item in the shopping cart is demands that I select an option but no explanation that I can find on what those are.

Thank you for your help.
Dale
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220217_105329 small.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220217_105334 small.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220217_105347 small.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220217_105510 small.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

As long as the top attachment, which is not visible in your photos, has wings like your bottom fitting then you could have either the S380-33 or S385-33 channel balance with a 3240 strength option. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Thank you Casey, I confirmed the measurements and placed the order.
Dale
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.