window balance

A quick learner from lawrenceville ga says:
i do not see any number or markings on the balance its 27 1/8 inch.how do I find the replacement? thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3609.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3611.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It's tough to say from these photos but it looks like your balance may have a 15-043 terminal clip which is used with the Series 770 channel balance. I recommend reviewing the specifications for these parts to confirm they match your old hardware.

Your balance should also measure on an even inch so you'll want to double check this measurement to be safe. Make sure to measure only the metal channel when determining length. If there aren't any stamps on the metal channel, you will need to weigh your sash on a scale. There's a chart under the product description on the Series 770 store page that will indicate what spring strength option you'll need based on your sash weight. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.