window balance

A home owner from CA says:
I have Philips windows and need some replacement window balances. They are 31 inches long. There are no stamps on them. can you help me find the correct part?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005

Since you have no stamp, once you've selected the appropriate balance you will have to weigh your sash to determine the best stamp option.
A home owner from ca says:
Awesome. Thanks I will determine the correct weight and place an order. Thanks for the help
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)