window balance

A quick learner from happy valley says:
1/2 inch channel. There is a folded over lip on the edge. The metal portion is almost 27" long. It has the letters "26 5 EU CMC 2" printed on it.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A quick learner from happy valley oregon says:
What is the status of figuring out what I need?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not positive, but this looks like the S380-27 with a 2650 stamp option. If you've got a 19-005 top and a 15-005 shoe, then you certainly need Series 380, and you should choose the 27" version to match your measurement. That length makes sense given a stamp of "26 5".

If your shoe doesn't match, you might need the Series 385, which is the other possibility I can think of. That one uses a larger 15-004 shoe, so you can measure the shoe to tell the difference. 15-005 measures 1" front to back, and 15-004 measures 1-3/32". This is the only difference between S385-27 and S380-27.

The last step is to remove your window sash and weigh it. If it weighs between 26 and 30 pounds, you will, in fact, need the 2650 stamp option. If the weight is something else, choose the proper option from the chart on the S380-27 or S385-27 webpage.
A quick learner from happy valley says:
If by the shoe you mean the plastic at the bottom it measures 1" front to back. The window itself weighs 30 pounds exactly. Let me know which ones I need. Thanks. For your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
S380-27 with a 2650 stamp option should work for you, given the information you provided.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.