window balance identification

A handy person from Florida says:
The overall length of metal section is 18". Width where spring is housed is 9/16. Depth of flange section is 5/8 in. Stamp on metal section is 1720.I think the top is a 19-002 but the shoe, I am not sure if it is a 15-001 or a 15-002. The shoe measures 1x1x 1/2 but there is some material missing from abrasion so it could be a 15-002. I'm not sure just how exact the measurements are. Thanks for the help!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Among the measurements you gave, which is the depth of the shoe? That is the only difference between the 15-001 and 15-002. Is it 1"? If so, the 15-002 shoe would be the one you want to go with. If that's the case then I recommend our Series 351 channel balance.
The depth of the shoe measures 1.022", there is some wear/deterioration on the shoe. Since the depth is just over the 1" I wasn't sure if it could actually be the 15-001 and be worn down almost the 1/8 in. If there is a question of how much wear there is, would it make sense to order the balance with the 19-001 shoe and file down the show if needed?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think that's a great idea. These shoes are known to wear down over the years, so if it's over an inch I think there's a good chance it was the larger 15-001. But, as you said, in a worst case scenario you can always file it down a little. I've done it myself when push came to shove.
Thanks so much. I'll be getting my order together.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.