window balance or brake for simonton window

A handy person from NEW YORK says:
I need a window balance (or brake) for a 2007 Simonton vinyl replacement window in my bathroom. Please see attached photos.................
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200809_155441984.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200809_172251453.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200809_172258248.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200809_172311914.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200809_172318716.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

These Simonton balances aren't made anymore, unfortunately. The good news is that our 15-192 Certainteed brand shoe can replace the original, but note that the center metal cam may not be compatible with your pivot bar. You have to reuse the metal cam off your old shoe to get the 15-192 to work, so don't throw it out.

If you also need springs, you can use our Series 170, assuming you just have one. If you have two springs per side, you need both the Series 170 and Series 171. The video below will explain how these work together.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)