window balancer replacements

A home owner from USA says:
I live in Lake Mary, Florida, and am in need of window balancer replacement for a number of my windows. Below you will see photos of a typical window and the balancer type. We have had ongoing problems with these balancers as they snap the plastic parts. Do you stock this type of replacement balancer, and if you do what is the cost for various sizes?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Start by looking at our Series 380 channel balance. I think this may work for you. The nylon attachments look slightly different, but cosmetic differences shouldn't matter so much in this case. They're similar enough to not worry about that. What's more important is that their dimensions are the same, so make sure to confirm your measurements against ours.
A quick learner from Lake Mary, FL says:
I am ready to order some Series 380 as you recommended, but am not sure about the correct weight lifting options. The existing balance is stamped "28C". Does that mean an option of 2830?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes! A stamp of 28C usually corresponds to our 2830 option. You can always weigh your sash to confirm, though.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)