Channel Balance & Pivot Bars

A contractor from dallas TX says:
balancers are NUX 33B
Do you have them in white?
I need 8 balancers and 8 sash pins/feet that goes into the shoe, they are approximately 1 1/4 long
and 8 shoes for the balancers
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0913.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0916.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your pivot bars look they might be our 26-402, but I can't be certain from the pictures alone. Compare the dimensions listed on the product page to your old pivot bars and see if they match. As far as your balance goes, it would be best to see the entire balance removed from the window to confirm this. Pictures of the top and bottom, as well as any stamped code on the metal channel, would be most help helpful to identifying what you need. Finally, could you provide the length of the metal channel? Many thanks. 

Profile picture of Bob

Height is actually irrelevant when it comes to distinguishing Pivot Shoes--width and thickness are what matter. This shoe might be our 15-188, but you won't know for sure without knowing the shoe's width and thickness, which can only really be measured seeing it removed from the window. Look over the dimensions listed on the product page and see if they match your old shoe.

As far as your balances go, the code does not entirely tell us what the balance is. I think it might be our Series 770, but I cannot say if there is anything unusual about this balance without pictures of it removed from the window. You will need to measure the length of the metal channel to know what length to select. Make sure the balance matches the specifications listed on the product page. You will need to select a stamp option that matches the weight of your window sash. Many thanks. 

my pivot lock shoe is about 1 3/4 high. 8ea.
the pivot bars are exactly right. 8ea.
i also need the NUX33B balancers 8ea.
thank you
thanks for the great info! will do. get back to you soon.
thanks again
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds great!

Hello Bob, i remeasured everything. the shoe is: (1 11/16 ) high, ( 15/16 ) wide, ( 1/2 ) deep.

26-402 pivot bars measured correctly. 33" long (frame to frame) on the balancer channel, the stainless steel hook on top measures about 2 1/4 inches. I've reached my max number of files for this reply, however i do have a photo of the back side of the shoe if necessary.

Thanks

Floyd

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0921.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0922.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0923.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0924.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0925.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

For your pivot shoe, see our 15-188. Look over the dimensions and see what you think. 

I don't see this hook atop the channel balance in any of your photos. We need to see this hook, as well as a rivet in the balance onto which it clips. Many thanks. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.