window balances

A home owner from Lakewood, Ohio says:
Hi,
I replaced one of our windows balances once before that were sent to me by Window Systems Inc. who our windows were purchased from. The balances for this window are broken again. The company is no longer in business and I am looking for balances again.
I have pictures of the labels with numbers on them that are on the window.
Will this be any help? I don't have broken balances out of the window yet only because when I take them out I can see how to put new ones in. I'll get them out if you need pic's.
Thanks,
Lee
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window label1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window label2.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Lee.

I'm afraid that sticker doesn't tell us what hardware your window uses. We'd be happy to help but we'll need you to remove an undamaged balance with the end fittings intact to compare to our inventory. Depending on what type of window balance you have, I may need more photos and info after that, but I have to know what to ask for first. Just something to keep in mind.

Thank you!

I finally got these out. advise.

Lee
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2861.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2862.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2868.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Perfect. Your hardware looks like a match for our 26-226 pivot bar and 15-175 pivot shoe that's designed to used the Series 152 coil springs. Compare the dimensions and see what you think. To determine what coil weights you'll need, look for a stamp printed on the band of your coil spring. If there aren't any, give me the exact sash weight and the total number of coils in the window and I'll be able to work out what you need from there. 

2 coils each side for total of 4.
5 stamped on each. see pic. hope that's what you're looking for.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coils 5# x 4.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Since your springs are stamped with the number "5", see our S152-5 5 pound coil spring. All orders can be placed on our website whenever you'd like. 

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.