window balances

A home owner from Chester Springs PA says:
Howw would i go about replacing a window balance?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, it depends on what kind you have. I see you were looking at our S765-18. Is that what you have? If so, you'll want to remove the sash first. You'll that the balance is attached to a pivot shoe, which is locked in place at this point. Stick a flat-head screwdriver in the pivot shoe's cam and turn it, which will unlock it. Gently slide it up to the balance, careful not to let it shoot up, and disconnect the hook from the shoe. Finally, simply unscrew the top of the balance and take it out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)