window channel balance 1/2"

A home owner from Washington says:
I need help identifying which part to get for 1/2" window channel balance. "1640 Q" is stamped on it. Length is 17". I need 6 of them, but I want to get the right one (and I can't seem to be able to tell them apart in your photos!)

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
A home owner from seattle says:
wow, that really helped. my shoe is the 1 3/32 one. So I'll be ordering the Series 385.

Thanks--I really would have chosen wrong without your help!

GREAT service!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)