window coil balance snapped

A quick learner from Raleigh, NC says:

I went to open the window this morning and it would only go up a couple of inches. lifting out the window I could see that the coil had snapped. I need recommendations on what size brand etc. I would need to buy to replace it. I guess I'll be youtubing to learn how to do it!

I think you for all of your help ahead of time.

Mickey

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Mickey. I have a feeling this is a 15-186 Clip used with the Series 190 Coil Balances and the 15-180 Pivot Shoe, but if these parts don't look right please show us your window's pivot shoe. 

wow that looks exactly like what I need! Thank you so much for your help and I'll let you know how the replacement goes. Would you suggest doing both @ the same time?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Yes, if you're replacing all the balance components on one side its generally best to do both. Otherwise, the new balance parts can wear down faster while working with older counterparts. 

Kinda what I thought. Thank you!
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.