window counterweight help

A home owner from Saint Louis, Missouri says:
Hello -
I am looking for parts for a few aluminum double hung windows. Lower sash won't stay open. Coils have become disconnected from sash.
I've attached a few photos.
I cannot find any identifying markings on windows.

Hopefully you can help.

Thanks,
Tim
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If your coil balance springs aren't broken, then your pivot lock shoe might be broken. See our 15-141 balance shoe for a possible replacement.

Now if the coil springs are broken, then you are going to have to replace the springs and acquire a new pivot shoe, since the springs you have now are discontinued. I would recommend our 15-140 pivot shoe and Series 150 coil springs. To determine the proper Series 150 option, refer to the number printed on your current spring.

Other fittings you might have to replace are our 15-143, 15-144 and 15-145. To make it easy, you will need a pair of needle nose pliers to install the coil springs to the pivot shoe.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.