window crank

A handy person from Park City, UTah says:

I just sent a email. And I said it was more or a beige, but it looks nothing like your examples of beige. It is darker than what you call stone, bronze and clay and lighter than dark bronze. But since two are going in the garage and two in the laundry room matching perfectly isn't crucial. If it doesn't match I would buy four so both to those in the laundry room match.

I spoke with customer service today and she speculated it might be most like part number 39-286 although it is shorter, but as I said it doesn't have to match perfectly as they go into the garage and laundry room. I will need 4 if they don't match and 3 if they match. But the windows are 9 years old, so matching may not be possible.She said she would give you a heads up. I remeasured and got the ones on the picture. The height to the middle of the bore is 2 15/32 inches. The bore diameter is 3/8 of an inch. I also put the mesauring tape on a picture. I also took a picture of the actual spindle on the window and the diameter form spindle to spindle is about 11/32 of an inch. There is a smaller part at the very end of this peiece furthest form the window which measure about 7/32 of an inch. I also saw a updated list of our discussions and it said "MORE INFO NEEDED = An expert has requested pictures or measurements of your hardware" I hope you did get my pictures but as I said it did not apparently have all the measurements you wanted. I hope the pictures I send today will have everything you need. If not contact me.

Thanks,

Armin

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00000IMG_00000_BURST20190926143659233_COVER.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190926144300693_COVER.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190926144934402_COVER.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190926_144637.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190926_144843.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Armin. If the bore is 3/8" in diameter, then you have two choices here: the 39-104 or 39-286. The 39-286 comes in beige, but I should stress that is really only meant for Andersen operators. Do you have Andersen operators? If so it will work for you; otherwise I really have doubts that it will. In which case the 39-104 would be a better choice. Let me know what you think.

A handy person from Park City, Utah says:
I do not know the manufactures. I recently had to replace an operator that broke and a Truth was identical and the handle fit. the older superstores have EntryGard Truth on it. I don't know if this makes it an Anderson. 39-286 is shorter than mine but the color seems similar. Does is come in the same size as mine if it would fit. The 30-104 is the wrong color does it come in a color closer mine. There are also no measurements so is it the same size as mine. I included two photos. One or the sopindle from the side. There are 12 spindles on it. The other is a photo of the name on the older operators.

Thanks,Armin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191002113501788_COVER.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191002114457221_COVER.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us Armin. If this is a Truth brand operator, then the diameter of your hole is not 3/8". Truth only ever made 11/32" diameter handles.

Just looking at your photos, I can tell this is definitely a Truth operator. You want our 39-114L, or 39-205. The only problem is, they don't make these in "champagne" anymore, which is the color I see in your photos. If you want the color to match the cover, you'd also need a new 39-107 cover.

The 39-286 and 39-104 simply won't work for you.

The shape of 39-144L is different from mine. Can you tell me what color you think matches best? I thought clay would be the closest. I am also interested in the T-handle type. Do you have any that would work and perhaps a s=closer color. I remeasure the bore from the tops inside diameters anti still seems 3/8 inches. Perhaps I am measuring wrong. How is it measure? You can see by the pictures the actual spindle appears to be 11/32" but that is not the bore. any further suggestions would be appreciate. Also are the handles returnable, either becuae they turn out not to fit or the color is too far off?

Thanks,

Armin

Profile picture of Tom

It's tough to gauge color from photos. If I had to guess, I'd say you had clay, but I really can't say for sure with confidence.

If you're worried about shape then the older style 39-114 may be closer, but its only available in beige and white. 

As for measuring the hole diameter, I am convinced that yours is 11/32". You have a Truth brand operator and Truth only used 11/32". They never used any other size. There's no trick to it, you just have to measure the hole as carefully as you can. 

This hardware is returnable. You can see our policy here.

Thanks Tom. I believe you. I have a Truth operator so the it is 11/32 of an inch. You did not answer my question if there is a T type handle option for me. I would like to consider using that type with the garage windows. I believe some call it a butterfly handle.
Thanks, Armin
Profile picture of Tom

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed that. We do have a T-handle in this size, yes: see our 39-227B 39-102.

SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.