window crank

A home owner from hawaii says:
I have a right hand awning window crank I'm trying to replace. There are no part numbers nor manufacturer listed. However, it appears your Stanley Operator, right handed product code 39-058 is similar except for the two screw holes at the top ear. Mine has one. Also mine has 2 offset screw holes at the bottom.

The last photo I've included is very similar to my rusted part. I've been told this is an 'Alcan' window. With the information provided are you able to locate a suitable replacement?

Mahalo for your efforts
Marianne
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our 39-259. Start out by looking at that and let me know how well they match. Make sure to compare the dimensions as well as you can.
A quick learner says:
Thank you for your prompt response. I've compared the dimensions as advised.

*The link on my crank is 2 5/8" center opening to center screw. Part # 39-259 is 2 1/2". Is there enough wiggle room in the hole for this to work?
*The thickness of my entire assembly with an attached handle is 7 1/4", yours 6 1/8". I assume this is not a problem.

Otherwise the dimensions match perfectly. Please advise if you feel this part will be workable.

Mahalo for your time and expertise,
Marianne
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yeah, these operators do have wiggle room in the gearing so I think you should be okay. I agree with Paul that the 39-259 is our best match.
A quick learner from Hawaii says:
I have a few more questions before I place my order.

Could you please help me identify what other parts I should order for proper installation? I have the E-ring from the original crank. Is it advisable to order a new one? Would you recommend the shoulder bolt washer & bushing, torque bar bearing, etc? Please advise.

I believe the part should fit. However, if the crank doesn't fit properly, is there a re-stocking fee to return it?

Is the part only available in gray?

Mahalo,
Marianne
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
First, check to see if the window opens and closes freely without the operator attached. If it still binds, you might need torque bearings. It wouldn't hurt to give the arms and joints a shot of silicone spray.

For the operator, you might need the 33-206 nylon bushing if it's missing. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to get an extra e-ring like our 21-161 for a spare. The bolt riveted on the window arm that goes in the operator should be okay.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.