window crank assembly

A handy person from Delaware, USA says:
Hello,

I'm have a issue with the crank assemble for both of these windows. In the one picture with arrows you can see the bottom brackets is broken and the guide bar has detached and will not stay in place even after I reset it. I'm have the same issue for both the left and right side. Also I need to replace the locks, they will not stay in the unlock position when trying to open the window, the locks loosely fall back down relocking the window which makes it very difficult to open and close the windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221016_170620.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221016_170709.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221016_170837.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named with arrows.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing the dimensions of the 39-031 and 39-032 EntryGard operators to yours, paying close attention to the length of the shorter link arm. These operators use the 39-505 track if your original needs to be replaced. 

It looks like you also need new hinges. Take a look and compare the dimensions of the 36-048 hinge set with a 10" base to yours. 

If you could show us the front of an undamaged casement lock, we'd be happy to research your replacement options for that part as well. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 39-031
Dimensions for 39-031

A handy person from Delaware, USA says:
Hi Casey,

here is a picture of an undamaged undamaged casement lock. If you can recommend a replacement that would be great
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window lock.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20221016_170709.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Our closest replacement to your latch appears to be the 38-036 rear-mounted casement lock. Take a look and see how the specifications compare to yours. Thanks for posting! 

Alternate view of 38-036
Alternate view of 38-036

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.